I have no idea what the legal rules are around publishing transcripts of
talks regarding license or copyright. Using images of every slide in the
talk and transcribing every word is well beyond any possible "fair use"
provision - that's generally something that would require some kind of
rights.

The original source video rights vary depending on the conference and where
it was published. The exact details are somewhat murky even to me, and many
of them were conferences I ran. Talks from Strange Loop 2014 (like the
Transducers talk) were released on YouTube with Creative Commons
attribution, so I think that's pretty clear. I'm not sure about talks
released on InfoQ. Certainly my intention as the organizer was that those
be released with a CC style license for reuse.

In general, I (as the organizer) am happy to have these talks propagate in
new ways as long as they retain attribution and pointers back to the
source. I do not know if any rights or considerations are due to the
speaker above that. Rich has seen the link and didn't say anything to me
about it. His typical concern is primarily about having slides seen in the
context of the talk (not by themselves) and this format does that very well
I think. I am pretty sure David Nolen would be fine with any reuse.

Alex