I'm not 100% sure and haven't really looked deeply at this comment or link
you mention, but perhaps this is related to
http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJ-979.

This would only be the case for Clojure-dynamically generated Java classes
though, which is those from deftype or the macros built on it like
defrecord etc.