TL:DR

Bardo https://github.com/pleasetrythisathome/bardo
<https://github.com/pleasetrythisathome/bardo> is a clojure(script) library
that provides semantics for defining interpolators between data structures as
well as utilities for composing them with each other, easing curves, and other
transformations. It can be extended through clojure protocols to define other
interopolateable types.

This is great for animations, but can be useful in a variety of contexts where
state is not binary.

I come from a design and graphics background and got into programming initially
writing particle systems and music visualizers. When I started doing web
development and interactive work, transitions and animation we’re always an
interest. I was deeply unsatisfied with the current state of black box Jquery
animation, where one must be content with pressing play, and then watching the
side effects flow.

When I first started using React around the time it came out, and I was
thrilled by the declarative nature. I realized that by instead of animation dom
properties, if you transition component state, then suddenly you have the
opportunity to insert arbitrary control flow into running animations. I wrote
https://github.com/pleasetrythisathome/react.animate
<https://github.com/pleasetrythisathome/react.animate> based on d3
interpolators. This library is a big step forward, based on an entirely
functional approach and greatly aided clojure’s expressiveness.

I’ve been using some version of this code in production projects for a while.
That said, this is definitely still alpha software. Thoughts, issues, pull
request, etc. are very welcome. I hope someone finds it useful!