I think I'm getting close. The eventbus_test.clj
<https://github.com/vert-x/mod-lang-clojure/blob/master/api/src/test/clojure/vertx/eventbus_test.clj>
 runs
and I changed my test to:

(deftest eb-send
  (core/deploy-verticle "/project/vertices/time.clj")
  (let [addr const/topic-time
        id (atom nil)]
    (reset! id
            (eb/on-message
              addr
              (fn [m]
                (t/test-complete
                  (is true)
                  (eb/unregister-handler @id)))))
    (is (not (nil? @id)))))

But I get:

ERROR in (eb-send) (core.clj:70)
Uncaught exception, not in assertion.
expected: nil
  actual: org.vertx.java.core.VertxException: No container instance
available. If embedded, see vertx.platform.
 at vertx.core$get_container.invoke (core.clj:70)

It seems as if  (core/deploy-verticle "/project/vertices/time.clj") is the
problem.

Regards
  Roger