Glad to see the addition of new-sparse-array to core.matrix. It looks like
it defaults to SparseRowMatrix for the Vectorz implementation? Should the
API provide a way to specify which sparse matrix representation (e.g., row-
vs column-based, indexed vs hashed) should be used? I'd suggest a 3-arity
new-sparse-array which takes a keyword indicating the representation to use
as well as a new function which returns a list of available representations
for a specific implementation.

I think at this point you incorporated (looks like we have some duplication
too, doh) all the changes I had made for sparse matrix support in Vectorz,
but will verify.