On Dec 29, 2014, at 8:38 AM, Udayakumar Rayala <uday.ray...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any option other than upgrading to Clojure 1.7.0-alpha4? If not, how
> safe it is right now to use Clojure 1.7.0-alpha4 in production? We really
> want to use transducers as it makes our code readable.

We’ve used pre-release (alpha, beta, RC) builds in production for years with no
trouble. We originally went live on 1.3.0-alpha7 (or alpha8, I no longer
remember) and right now we’ve been on 1.7.0-alpha2 for almost three months with
no issues.

We always run multi-version unit tests, against whatever "stable" version we’re
on as well as the current master snapshot so we pick up any breaking changes
before they hit a version we might go to production with.

Unlike some other languages, the official Clojure pre-release builds are
impressively stable!

Sean Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."