I'm curious about the future Clojure 1.7 release. I recently looked over
these pages:

   - Clojure JIRA Workflow
   <http://dev.clojure.org/display/community/JIRA+workflow>
   - Contributing to Clojure
   <http://dev.clojure.org/display/community/Contributing>
   - Next Release Planning
   <http://dev.clojure.org/display/design/Release.Next+Planning>
   - Clojure Changelog
   <https://github.com/clojure/clojure/blob/master/changes.md>
   - Screening Tickets
   <http://dev.clojure.org/display/community/Screening+Tickets>
   - JIRA Road Map

<http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJ#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel>
    (currently showing that 54 of 73 issues have been resolved)

My questions are: (Please let me know if I've overlooked links to read.)

   - Does Rich or Clojure Core have rough dates in mind for the 1.7
   release? Any idea? (I wouldn't be surprised at all if dates were not at all
   a driving factor.) From what I can tell, bug fixes, a fixed set of new
   features, performance, and stability are the driving factors.
   - Do the above links about cover it and/or are there additional
   suggestions where community help is most needed?
      - Is there a good "I want to help, what do I do next?" page? I see
      that http://clojure.org/contributing has some suggestions; namely, using
      the mailing list. Also, the "Screening Tickets" link above is a great
      example.
      - An idea: I suspect there may be value for a link or blurb (from the
      Clojure home page) that would focus attention onto one or two "hot"
issues
      each week. I say this because JIRA does not seem to be geared towards
      driving a critical mass to one ticket at a time -- but sometimes this is
      great way to get the eyes you need on an issue.
   - Clojure 1.7 is alpha now. I'm curious: how much feedback does our BDFL
   like/need to move across the various stages (alpha, beta, release
   candidate, release)?
   - Just for fun, if we were to make a data-driven prediction on the next
   release, what parts of JIRA do you think are most important to consider?
This
   is probably the best summary I've seen so far: Clojure JIRA Clojure Text
   Board for Release 1.7

<http://dev.clojure.org/jira/secure/TaskBoard.jspa?selectedBoardId=&pageType=ChartBoard&subType=ArchiveChartBoard&type=ACB&selectedProjectId=10010&colPage=1>
   .

P.S. I'm building a useful list of terms/acronyms:

   - BDFL: Benevolent Dictator For Live (a.k.a Rich)
   - JIRA: "We originally used Bugzilla for bug tracking and the developers
   in the office started calling it by the Japanese name for Godzilla, Gojira
   ... then it became an issue tracker, the name stuck, but the Go got dropped
   - hence JIRA! ... Further investigation into the name has revealed that
   Gorira is Japanese for "gorilla", whilst Kujira is Japanese for "whale". So
   Gojira is roughly translated to mean "*gorilla the size of a whale*"
   (from What does JIRA mean?
   <https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=223219957>
   )