Hello

> @Thomas
>
> Unfortunately, clojure.walk is not StackOverflowError-safe. Same goes for
> tree-seq (uses walk). The only safe solution I found so far are zippers.
>
> Regarding memoization, yes I agree it will help if converting the same
> maps frequently, however at scale, with many users hitting the same API,
> and each has a different user-id, it will not help (unless I'm missing
> something).

As far as I understand, you are trying transform keys and not values. If
that supposition is correct, you have only a little subset of posible keys
memoized (the set of keys of your api). In case of user-id, you will
memoize the transformation of userId to user-id and for it you only need
one cache entry.

Obviously, if you transform arbitrary user input, memoize is not a good
solution.

My two cents!

Cheers.
Andrey