Hi,

On Friday, February 13, 2015 at 8:04:20 PM UTC+1, James Reeves wrote:

> A lot of utility libraries, such as my own Medley
> <https://github.com/weavejester/medley>, have "mapply" functions for this
> exact use-case.
>
> Generally, however, I find that keyword arguments are more trouble than
> they're worth. You only save two characters, and give up a lot on terms of
> being able to easily compose and extend functions.

That is correct.

It may be worth noting, that keyword args add some documentation by showing
in the destructuring expression which keys are to be expected.  Pure maps
don't give this and the access to the map may be scattered over the
function body and other functions if you pass the map on.

Of course, you can destructure your map, too.  I just find, that I tend to
not do this by default when passing maps around.

So maybe my point is: I agree with James, but please destructure your maps
for the documentation effect. :)

Cheers,
stefan