Hello, all,

I am happy to report that Clojure has been selected to participate in
Google Summer of Code 2015, making this our fourth year to participate in
the programme.  Naturally, the next question you may have is how to get
involved.

Mentors

If you are interested in being a mentor this year, there are a couple of
things you can do:

   1. Be sure to add ideas to the project ideas page
   <http://dev.clojure.org/display/community/Project+Ideas> and be sure to
   help out students who may contact with questions.
   2. Register as a mentor on Melange
   <https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2015> and ask
   to connect with Clojure.  When you do so, be sure to write a tiny bit about
   yourself so that we know that you are a member of the Clojure community (we
   do get some spammy requests).

Students

If you are a student, it's still too early to apply (student applications
will be open 16–27 March), but now is a great time to start thinking about
your proposal and getting in touch with mentors.  Feel free to discuss
ideas on this mailing list.  Remember that having a mentor who is
enthusiastic about your project and  working with you is an important part
of a successful GSoC application.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped make this possible, especially
everyone who posted project ideas on the wiki.  I am looking forward to
another great year for Clojure/GSoC.

Sincerely,

Daniel