Aaron France <aaron.l.fra...@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Aaron,

> The makefile calls compile then uberjar, which is why things are
> compiled twice, so it seems my problem lies *just* with uberjar.

So why do you compile and then let uberjar compile again?  And there's
also no need to call the deps target explicitly.  Leiningen does that
automatically.  (Or all in all, I don't see any reason why you use a
Makefile at all.)

> Any idea why compile would succeed but then uberjar would fail?

A shot in the blue: GNU make builds receipes in parallel if they don't
depend on each other and MAKEFLAGS contains the -jN flag where N denotes
the max number of parallel makes.  Your receipes don't depend on each
other thus could be executed in parallel.  But then there's a chance
that two compilations (one from lein compile, one from lein uberjar) run
in parallel and overwrite each other's files, or a file gets loaded
which is currently being written to.

So my guess is, on system 1 MAKEFLAGS is -j1 or unset, on system 2
MAKEFLAGS contains at least -j2.

Bye,
Tassilo