On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Steven Deobald <ste...@nilenso.com> wrote:

> I don't have the answer for you, but I'm definitely curious what your use
> case is. Whatcha upto?

I've become a firm believer in using protocols to encapsulate operations
with side effects, but I don't know of any good test-framework-agnostic
mocking or stubbing frameworks that work with them. I don't care much for
interaction-based (mocking) tests anyway, really, and reification is simple
enough that I don't think sugar for stubs buys you much. But it seemed like
an open niche and a fun project. If I'm wrong and such a library does
exist, please let me know.

The library I'm working on doesn't attempt to perform any var replacements,
and it doesn't introduce any new syntax; it's simply a mechanism for
building fake versions of protocols, with full or partial implementations,
that can be passed into functions that require them, and whose state (e.g.,
the set of calls they've received) can be subsequently inspected. I'd
prefer to avoid macros entirely, except that I don't know of any other way
to reify on demand.

Release coming shortly.

Cheers,

Brian