I think you mean to be asking specifically about *job* queuing using Redis.
You don't need anything other than Redis + Carmine to create queues. But
obviously, the value of Resque (note spelling) is that it *uses* Redis in a
number of non-trivial ways, such that all of the features above are
available.

There does appear to have been a Clojure port of Resqueue
(https://github.com/jxa/resque-clojure) which garnered a bit of attention,
but it hasn't been updated in a while, so I don't know what the state of it
is.

It's worth considering that if you don't *need* something very robust (and
depending on your situation), you could just use Redis + Carmine directly
to pass messages around (possibly representing jobs), and have workers pull
from the message queue. There is nothing else you really need for this;
it's quite straight forward. The rub is that you don't get any of the
higher level features; if a job dies for instance, there's no way to know
about that without building it yourself.

It's also worth considering whether a job queue is really the right mode of
distributed computing. This area is a real strength of Clojure's, and there
are a lot of offerings here. I say this because the offerings are a lot
slimmer in Ruby land (at least when I was working with it), and so if
you're thinking queues based on prior experience with Ruby, I'd definitely
dig a little more to make sure it's the right model for you. It might seem
like "already having Redis in your system" makes it a good goto, but if
you're bending the model it'll end up being more work. Some other things to
consider:

* storm
* onyx
* quasar (https://github.com/puniverse/quasar)