On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Raoul Duke <rao...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Another possibility is https://github.com/takeoutweight/clojure-scheme.
> It
> > compiles Clojure to Gambit Scheme to C to metal.
>
> another possibility is to stab oneself in the eye with a sharp stick.

Yeah... well, I do that on a daily basis working in C/C++ so just about
anything is better than what I have going on ATM.

Not all of us have the luxury of day jobs in Clojure. The embedded world is
sorely lacking when it comes to levels of abstraction and the world is
asking more and more from it. Not everything in the IoT is a phone with an
expensive processor and lots of memory, well, unless you want to buy a $700
toaster *on contract*. After slogging mutation around for [self edit] years
I'll do just about anything to get me some of that Clojure goodness,
starting with a REPL!

I really like Clojure and prefer it over Scheme, if nothing more than to
get better data structures... kinda half the point of Lisp to begin with
and a huge selling point for Clojure IMO.

Aside - I'm bummed that when I was originally introduced to Lisp there were
only car, cdr, etc. Really?! What a turn off. Went down the mutation rat
hole and am just now coming out... register access acronyms for function
names!?!? What *genius* thought up that bright idea? ;-)

Alan