Hello everybody,

System started its life as a component library, a high-level convenience
library on top of Stuart Sierra's components, providing community-backed,
ready-made components: http-kit, datomic, monger and the usual suspects.

System 0.0.8 has just been released, but it is not the same anymore. It is
different, changed--even I have trouble to recognize its old self. I
suppose you could call this a metamorphosis. Indeed, this looks every bit
like the workings of a spell. System has met Boot, and the attraction has
proven irresistible. The two went off, and there is nothing I could do to
stop it.

With Boot, system acts like a smooth operator, enhancing your flow. It aims
to take care of the nitty-gritty aspects of keeping an application up *while
*it is being written. In the seventies, they called this Interactive
programming. It is also known as REPL-based programming, Lisp-style
programming or live coding.

Here are some of the properties that boot-system brings to your workflow:

   - Manual and automatic mode, ie. either you manipulate the system in the
   REPL, or you configure it to react to editing changes.
   - Restartable system. What warrants a system restart is
   user-configurable. File-based granularity.
   - Changes that do not require a restart are available in the running
   system instantly (via namespace reloading).
   - Full Lisp-style interactive programming via the REPL and hot-reloading
   in the browser.

Relevant links:
https://github.com/danielsz/system
http://boot-clj.com/
https://github.com/danielsz/holygrail

Note: System continues to be a convenience library with ready-made
components, fully compatible with Leiningen. As a matter of fact, the
latest version ships with a new ElasticSearch component, courtesy of Jan
Stępień.

Thank you!