For smaller deployments, so far I've always had a smooth ride using
nginx as reverse proxy and running the uberjar inside tmux. No other
special sauce needed, plus you get the benefit of using nginx to serve
your static assets (if there're not on a CDN already)...

On 1 June 2015 at 14:40, Colin Yates <colin.ya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Daniel, I am trying to reduce the required installed software on the
> client and they can’t access a maven repo from which to download
> unfortunately. Hence I am looking for a ‘self contained executable’
> solution.
>
> You are yet-another-exclaimer of Boot; enough people have sung its praises
> to make it one of the next things I will need to investigate ;).
>

> On 1 Jun 2015, at 14:30, Daniel Szmulewicz <daniel.szmulew...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Great conversation starter.
>
> Many of us had to take down that route. Eventually, we settle on a
> deployment solution that works for us, and we can move on with dev'ing. I'm
> sure all the answers are worthy. Please allow me to share my solution to
> this problem. It may not work for everyone, but it works for me.
>
> It can be summarized as follow: Runit supervisor + Boot.
>
> More information here:
>
> https://github.com/danielsz/boot-runit
>
> Note: this is the solution I came up with after experimenting with the
> strategies outlined in Ryan's blog post.
> http://www.rkn.io/2014/02/06/clojure-cookbook-daemons/
>
> Now I do 'boot dev' locally and 'boot prod' on the server (with auxiliary
> 'boot dev-run' and 'boot prod-run').
>
> Runit is a Unix classic (as in "an outstanding example of a particular
> style"), and Boot is quickly becoming a Clojure classic.
>
> More examples here:
> https://github.com/danielsz/system/blob/master/examples/boot/build.boot
>

> On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 2:38:30 PM UTC+3, Colin Yates wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am venturing into new territory using http-kit, as I usually use a
>> 'managed' web server container like tomcat and have a few questions about
>> packing and running a JAR file:
>>
>>  - are there are convenient service wrappers for windows and/or Linux
>>  - any best practice around managing class path for things like
>> logback.xml
>>
>> I have a jar created from lein uberjar and java -jar the.jar works, but
>> this seems a long way away from automated deployment :).
>>
>> Any advice welcome - thanks!

Karsten Schmidt
http://postspectacular.com | http://thi.ng | http://toxiclibs.org