How is stuartsierra/component OOP when it is building an immutable object
graph? (Contrast that to Guava etc.)

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 5:15 AM, Xiangtao Zhou <tao...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi guys,
>
> Constructing simple clojure project is trival, just make functions. if the
> project grows large, with more datasources, message queue, and other
> storages, dependencies problem is on the table.
>
> One solution is stuartsierra/component,  using system to configure
> dependencies graph, make component and dependencies resolution separate.
>
> If we make namespace must run with code block that init the namespace,
> like the "start" method in component, is this a good way to solve the
> dependencies?

You can do that. But it's not a really good idea to have top-level
side-effectful code within namespaces. How are you going to test that ns?
How will you do (stop)?

Namespaces should only define things.

> because when the namespace is required the first time, the init block
> worked once.
>
> any suggestion is appreciated.
>

> - Joe

Kind Regards,