It may be that there's agreement on everything that matters.  Dragan,
you've said that you wouldn't mind others integrating Neanderthal into
core.matrix, but that you don't want to do that.  That you are willing to
work with others on this is probably all that's needed.  People may have
questions, want you to consider pull requests, etc.  I think that
integrating Neanderthal into core. matrix will be an attractive project for
one someone.

(For the record I don't think it's fair to criticize core.matrix as not
being an API because the documentation is limited.  The API is in the
protocols, etc.  It's all there in the source.  Of course anyone using
core.matrix occasionally encounters frustration at the lack of
documentation, but core.matrix is a work in progress.  That's the nature of
the situation.  I have been able to figure out how to do everything I
needed to do using only the existing documentation, source code,
docstrings, asking occasional questions with helpful answers from others.
If I had more time, maybe I would work on the documentation more than the
tiny bit I've been able to do so.  Similar remarks apply to what clatrix
doesn't do well yet.  Being unfinished is not a design flaw.)