Johanna,

I noticed you mentioned CQRS. In my work, we use CQRS heavily, specifically
the Axon framework for Java (utilizing Spring and Hibernate). I got into
Clojure through watching Rich Hickey's talks and figured that any language
that he wrote had to be good.

It's remarkable to me how cleanly the concepts applied in CQRS map to
concepts in Clojure. The funny thing is that CQRS would never be necessary
if it wasn't for languages like C# and Java.

It can be discouraging to see people's eyes glaze over when you talk about
code as a series of transformations on the input. Many people limit their
understanding of code to a very procedural style with ifs, elses and
"helper methods" that have side effects.

Sorry I don't have any words of wisdom on how to evangelize Clojure, but I
am glad to see someone else noted the parallels between CQRS and a more
functional style of programming.

Cheers!
-Matt