Sure, indentation is what gets the code running on metal :))

Not ranting here, just my abs dying from the pain as I laugh :))

As for the contrib process, go have a look at Linux. You'll be happy that Rich
is cool by every meaning of the word.

There's this misconception about open source that we should all wear flower
collars and sing Kumbaya. Mostly a 60's view of human collaboration.

That ain't the way to get it done.
It works for ants and termites, they work as groups but we are human beings
with our strong individuality.

Some form of central control is needed. Opposed by traction from some
individuals that would like to move faster or in other directions.

This is ok but not at the expense of the cohesion of the end result.

Hence this tensed balance.

Rich created Clojure, he knows were he wants to go with it. Any ideas we bring
in the process is evaluated. However not all of them make sense or are worth
the effort to implement.

Aside from our respective ego being hurt because our ideas are not retained or
our contribs vetted in the first pass there's little damage done.

If it was not the case Clojure would have zero traction and Linux likewise.
Search for Linus rants about contributors and try to relate this with the level
of success of Linux.

They are not so many open source projects that have the same stability from
release to release as Clojure or Linux.

Control and absence of complacency are key factors to achieve this kind of
success.

Luc P.

Sent from my iPhone