Logging calls are far too frequent to practically pass config as argument
everywhere, hence some kind of shared implicit context is required. Which
logging libraries are you dealing with? If you use Timbre[1], you can pass
config using dynamic vars or altering global state. If you use Logback[2]
or Log4j[3], you can set system properties using Java interop ahead of
dynamically loading (by looking up ns/var entry points in) Clojure code.

[1] Timbre: https://github.com/ptaoussanis/timbre
[2] Logback: http://logback.qos.ch/
[3] Log4j: http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/

Shantanu