We did some soap as well, and found the same thing, except in our case,
SOAP was merely a formality. In other words, it seems some people are using
only the barest of SOAP features, and wrapping up the meat up in a SOAP
envelope.

In other words, we were able to just generate a skeleton in Soap-UI and
then parse out the contents with clojure.xml/parse.