You might want to checkout the exact process of creating a 2d card game, as
documented in the fabulous http://www.parens-of-the-dead.com/ series.

Next, I've found core.async to be a great paradigm to interact with
websockets from cljs with.

I don't have a ton of experience with elm, but I know the reagent[1]
approach and re-frame documentation[2] are all-in on RFP.

[1] http://reagent-project.github.io/
[2] https://github.com/Day8/re-frame/