Clojure for the Brave and True <http://www.braveclojure.com/> is now
available in print and ebook form <http://amzn.to/1UxrITn>, and the web
site has been updated to incorporate all the changes that went into the
print book. The web site remains 100% free :)

In case you'd like to know more about the book: one of my goals was to
explain concepts thoroughly and entertainingly.

"Thoroughly" because of my own difficulties learning Clojure. For example,
when I was first learning Clojure I thought the state constructs were very
neat, but I didn't have the conceptual foundation to truly understand them
and integrate them in my work. (I came from Ruby, where concurrency was too
much of a hassle to bother with.) I didn't even have a clear idea of what a
thread is. So, in the concurrency chapter, I try to explain what concurrent
and parallel programming are and why they matter (and what threads are)
before explaining atoms and refs and so forth.

"Entertainingly" because otherwise it would be too tedious to complete the
book. Plus, as a learner I think it's easier to stay focused and remember
material if it makes you laugh. I'm really happy with the concurrency
chapter in this regard too, where concurrency is explained in terms of the
classic computer science example of Lady Gaga's song "Telephone," also
known as the "I cannot text you with a drink in my hand, eh" problem.

My other main goal was to provide the Clojure community with a free,
high-quality online book for beginners. There are other great free
resources available, like Clojure from the Ground Up
(https://aphyr.com/tags/Clojure-from-the-ground-up), but I figure one more
doesn't hurt. Clojure is one of the best things to happen to my career, and
I hope my contribution helps the community :)

Thanks!
Daniel

p.s. Thank you everyone who helped yesterday's launch go so well!