Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange behavior in my app. I'm not sure if that's
because of a version update or something I broke...

The Compojure version used is 1.4.0

In the past a response like this would usually work:

{:status 404
 :headers {}
 :body "Not authorized"}

The map would be augmented with missing header information.

Now the browser tells me this is an invalid response. Logging the output shows
that the map is returned as is, without any additional headers. Adding
"Content-Type" "text/html; charset=utf-8" to the :headers manually would solve
the problem.

When my handler only returns a string, that is turned into a response map:

{:status 200,
 :headers {"Content-Type" "text/html; charset=utf-8"},
 :body "hiha"}

I'm using compojure's "route" function not the "defroutes" macro to assemble
route

This is the development version middleware stack I'm using:

(-> handler
    (wrap-authorization auth-backend)
    (wrap-authentication auth-backend)
    ;(wrap-spy "SPY")
    ext-session/wrap-extended-session
    (wrap-defaults ring-defaults-config)
    auth/wrap-authorized-redirects
    wrap-exceptions
    reload/wrap-reload
    wrap-enlive-reload)

I know I could solve this by adding the content type by hand, but I'd like to
get to the cause of this. I'd also like to just use response functions provided
by ring.util.response, these do also not work currently.

I guess I just have misconfigured something- although I have no idea what.

Torsten.