Hi Jeremy - I am finding "new-to-me" functions like that all the time, even
after 3 years of Clojure!  Besides looking up and understanding unfamiliar
functions (e.g. ffirst [1]), I also keep a browser tab always open to the
clojure cheatsheet [2] as a reference. Periodically (or if I need a break
from other work)  I'll just randomly scan one section and try to make sure
I remember & understand the different functions.  It also helps to review
all of the examples linked from the Cheatsheet through ClojureDocs.org (for
example, does (map? [1 2 3]) return true for vectors since they are
associative?).

Also, please feel free to update or add to the entries at ClojureDocs.org
when you find something confusing or missing!

Cheers,
Alan

P.S.  I have sometimes searched in vain for Clojure functions that I was
certain must exist, only to find out they didn't exist.  I created the
Tupelo library (https://github.com/cloojure/tupelo) to fill in the gaps.
Enjoy!

[1]  When I first encountered ffirst, I thought it was a typo!
[2]  My favorite version:
http://jafingerhut.github.io/cheatsheet/clojuredocs/cheatsheet-tiptip-cdocs-summary.html