On 03/05/2016 10:18 PM, Nasko wrote:
> I am trying to implement a simple asynchronous chat service using Aleph
> and Lamina. However, it looks like the enqueue function coming from
> lamina cannot be implemented and causes an exception. This is what my
> chat function looks like:
> |
> (defn chat [ch request]
>   "View handler that handles a chat room. If it's not
>   a websocket request then return a rendered html response."
>   (let [params(:route-paramsrequest)
>         room   (:room params)]
>     (if(:websocket request)
>       (chat-handler ch room)
>       (enqueue ch (wrapped-sync-app request)))))
> |
> I don't understand why the value of (wrapped-sync-app request) is nil.
> Any feedback would be helpful.

Hard to say, since you don't give a definition for the wrapped-sync-app
function. Some google and it shows up in a few example apps as some kind
of ring handler. If you are using compojure (maybe other routing
libraries) returning nil is what it does by default if no routes match a
give request (as a result of how it determines if a route matches).

But looking at your subject line, given that error it is likely 'ch' is
nil, not the result of calling wrapped-sync-app. I would sprinkle
printlns liberally throughout.

As an aside, your docstring (if you intend it to be a docstring) is in
the wrong place. Docstrings go before the argument vector if you want
them to be accessible via 'doc' in the repl.
https://github.com/jonase/eastwood has a linter that catches this kind
of thing.

> an email to clojure+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:clojure+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.

And what is good, Phaedrus,
And what is not good—
Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?