I am producing clojure data with XSLT. At first I embraced the result in a
vector of vectors so that a single (read-string) would read the whole
structure in one take.
Unfortunately when the XSLT sheet produces bad data I don't see easily what
is going wrong.

So is there an alternative for read-string?

This is the code I am using right now. Instead of XSLT outputting a vector
of vectors I output vectors separated by "@@@"
---------------------  Code -------------------------------
;; dependency [clojure-saxon "0.9.4"]

(def xsl-sheet (xml/compile-xslt (java.io.File. "sheet.xsl")))

(defn convert->transactions[[meta-params xml]]
      (.toString (xsl-sheet (xml/compile-xml xml) meta-params)))

(defn read-in [the-str]
  (try (map
        #(try (read-string %1)
              (catch Exception e
                (println "read-in Error:" (.getMessage e)
                         " token: " %1
                         " token-pos" %2
                         )))
                  (str/split the-str #"@@@") (range 1000000000))))

Is there a more elegant way to read-in and get nice errors ?

Many Greetings

John