To quote from the introduction:

> Where possible, this book will give specific, prescriptive advice on how
to write idiomatic Clojure. Everywhere else, it will describe the space of
possible approaches, and provide a framework for deciding which to use.

In my mind, a style guide confines itself to prescriptive advice, and
ignores anything which doesn't lend itself to that.  The latter part, which
is definitely demonstrated in the first chapter, makes this more than a
book about style.

However, it is definitely focused on giving practical advice about how to
write Clojure.  I would hope that the material isn't too surprising, given
the introduction.  If you feel like something is unclear or misleading,
please let me know what it is.

Zach