I know that Spec and the changes coming to Clojure 1.9 I see that namespace
qualified keys have gained some focus. I understand the motivations for this
and support it.

The one barrier that is coming up for me is in the use of Clojure records (and
perhaps deftype types too). We use records fairly heavily in some of our
applications for a few reasons.

(Some of this is for performance, some for instanceof support for some
Java-style libraries we use, some is for better documentation of expected
fields used repeatedly, and also we have used them to extend different protocol
implementations to.)

I believe in some older talks a selling point of records, which I agree with,
is they could be added later with not much change if you were already using
maps throughout with those keys. This is due to record participating in the map
abstractions.

So how can namespace qualified keys and the use of records intermix? Even if I
am using maps combined with records where the record and maps share some common
keys/fields, if the maps were qualified, they'd be incompatible I believe. If
records keys were qualified it would obviously raise a little question on how
they blend with the emitted Java class field names

I'd be curious to hear if there is any work or thought on this. Or maybe I can
qualify keys and interoperate with records already and I just haven't noticed?