It was (thoughtfully and politely) pointed out that I came across as smug
here.

I'm very sorry about that. I plead exhaustion.

I use python for most of my day job. I was trying to convey how much more
painful its workflow is for me, now that I've embraced "the lisp way" for my
personal projects (I have a toddler...I don't have time to spend on all the
things that most of the computer industry never even questions).

I meant to go back and edit this to replace "you" with examples of how *I*
do
these things wrong. I hit Send instead of saving to a draft until this
morning.

There is a learning curve, and it's a serious change in your point of view.
But it
really is totally worth it.

Respectfully and apologetically,
James