> (ns ... (require ...) (import ...) )  instead of (ns ... (:require ...)
> (:import ...) )

Is this not intended to be allowed? The docstring implies no but it has
always worked fine - I wouldn't call the code broken.

Does the spec also limit the refs
to refer-clojure/require/use/import/load/gen-class rather than allowing,
say, println? One not on that list that I have seen people using in the
wild is refer.