On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 11:40 PM, Ikuru Kanuma <kanuma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mauricio, thanks for the response!
> I agree that that gets what I asked for done, but that solution is in
> essence writing the same
> qualified/unqualified version of the spec twice and sounded redundant,
> which lead to my question.
> I guess it is what it is in that case...

Oh I see, maybe the reduncancy can be removed by creating a macro.
Something like:

(defmacro qualified-or-unqualified
  [k & specs]
  `(s/def ~k
     (s/or :qualified (s/keys :req ~specs)
           :unqualified (s/keys :req-un ~specs))))

And then defining the new specs would be something like:

(qualified-or-unqualified ::map-with-numbers ::some-number)
(s/valid? ::map-with-numbers {::some-number 3}) => true
(s/valid? ::map-with-numbers {:some-number 3})  => true

I'm sure the proposed macro is by no means complete, but I hope it points
you to one possible solution.

Cheers,
Mauricio