On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 2:59 AM, Thomas Heller <th.hel...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> While this issue can be very confusing you will hardly ever run into it when
> following best practices. As David suggested using a custom js->clj here
> would prevent the issue and is probably the best course of action
> regardless.

Which best practices?  Is there a good place to read about them?  I've
not seen anything that would have steered me away from this problem.
In fact, I've seen quite the opposite: js->clj appears to be *the* way
to convert from JavaScript data structures to ClojureScript ones. :-(

FWIW, I did end up putting something together that was able to do what
I needed, but it could have easily gone a different direction.
js->clj was being called in a library that I'm using (cljs-ajax), and
it, fortunately, had a knob that I could turn to just get the raw json
back out without running anything through js->clj.  Had the knob been
missing, I think the solution would have been much more painful as I'd
either have to fork and maintain a copy of the library, migrate to a
different library, or write my own to replace it with. :-(

I also like the sentinel idea.  I hope some version of your patch is
incorporated.

-John