On Jan 13, 2014, at 10:46 AM, Dan Holmsand <holms...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not entirely convinced yet that implementing preemptive threads and refs
> on top of them is a great fit for Cloact's minimalistic goal :)

No! That’s not quite what I meant, even though it’s what I said! I’m familiar
with Clojure but new to ClojureScript and have just (re)realized that refs are
not implemented. So, yes, my suggestion is even more ambitious than I thought
it was :-)

I’m running in my browser, right now, a function that updates the render state
and React is given the opportunity to redraw before the function continues
(i.e. it re-renders right after the swap!). This is certainly within the rules.
If you have multiple atoms that need to be updated then you’ll potentially see
React re-render between each atom update… i.e. there will be React renders
where the atom values are uncoordinated/inconsistent (possibly doing silly
stuff on the screen, momentarily at least). I can imagine some very crude
techniques to prevent this, do you know any good ones (beside putting all state
in one atom (which, personally, I had been planning to do anyway))?

Cheers,
Bob