Ah, yes, I meant shared state. The reason I was saying shared and not app
is that app state usually gets "narrowed" the lower in the component tree
you get, so when your low down in the tree and then need to access
something on a completely different branch, how do you do this without
accessing the root app state (which I was storing in :shared so that
components can access it without global knowledge)?

But perhaps I'm still thinking about it wrong. Would love to hear your
thoughts.