On Friday, November 7, 2014 12:24:36 AM UTC+1, Tom Connors wrote:
> I've got a project right now that uses javascript on the client and server
> and I'd love to be able to migrate to clojurescript. I'm wondering whether
> anyone is aware of any software that will transform the js into
> clojurescript. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that transforming clojure to
> javascript is easier than the opposite, but I figured it's worth putting this
> out there.
> If such a project doesn't exist, would anyone like to work with me to make
> something like this? I know next to nothing about this problem space, but I'd
> be happy to learn.
> While doing cool things like converting common js "require" calls into parts
> of ns definitions and converting js objects into cljs maps would be awesome,
> the bare minimum conversion would be plenty to ease the migration.

Hey,

why convert at all? Just write new parts in ClojureScript and continue using
the old JS bits.

I mean ClojureScript gets compiled to Javascript anyways and its integration
with JS is pretty solid. "require" is difficult to combine with CLJS but not
impossible. Google Closure even has options for that although I never looked
into it. Probably easier to annote the old code with goog.provide/goog.require
statements.

I'd think you'd run into alot of trouble trying to turn normal JavaScript code
into CLJS by way of a tool due to the drasticly different code idioms used.

Just my 2 cents.

/thomas