I have an Om app, with foreign dependencies (for example history.js) which
assumes a browser environment. To support server rendering I thought to split
my source into src_browser, src_server and src_shared with environment-specific
code in each directory, and separate builds for each environment. However, much
of src_shared is Om views with event handlers and stuff that depend on foreign
dependencies. There's no great way to separate them, other than to define some
huge protocol for every single capability that depends on the DOM.

Is there a better way to handle this than a protocol?