I've run across two optimization related issues I cannot get past.  I followed
the advice in 'reporting issues' on the ClojureScript wiki, and I've created 2
simple repos demonstrating the issues.  These could be user error, but I've
tried to remove anything clouding the issue.

I thought it was a simple externs issue, but I removed jQuery references from
this demo, and the error remains.

https://github.com/j-mckitrick/cljs-error-demo-1
https://github.com/j-mckitrick/cljs-error-demo-2

Each repo has a README with steps to reproduce.  Any help greatly appreciated.