Well, while we are on the topic perhaps we should mention the downside of using
Web Workers. For me it has been Data Transfer.

Since you can only transfer JSON type data between workers that usually meant
you had to pr-str/read-string to roundtrip CLJS data. If you only have very
small amounts of data that is no problem but read-string is not very performant
and even something like 1mb of data will eat up enough CPU time to drop you
below 60fps.

That might now be worked around with transit though since that is much faster.
But still if you need to transfer a lot of data between workers you might be
better of not using them. IE8/9 might also be an issue but even Microsoft
suggest that you should not support those versions.

Oh and so far I have not seen support for workers in lein-cljsbuild and I
haven't documented anything in shadow-build so building web worker javascript
files might actually be something of a mystery to people. To be honest I never
used them for anything other than toy projects either.

Anyways, I like them. Use them. It is not that hard. :)

Cheers,
/thomas