This is very likely to break :advanced optimisations, did you test that yet?

Probably not what you are looking for but there is a "goog.ui.Textarea" [1,2]
in the closure library which does the auto-sizing as well. Should be pretty
straighforward to make a react-wrapper for it.

HTH,
/thomas

[1]
https://github.com/google/closure-library/blob/master/closure/goog/ui/textarea.js