> One question I have for you: do we need to use Reagent/Om or can we just
> build plain React components (with React Native components like View, Text,
> etc) using framework-less CLJS?

You don't need a ClojureScript library like Reagent or Om to act as a React
binding to work with React Native. You can bypass all of that and directly
manipulate React Native as is done in this Nicolas Kariniemi's project. Here is
the main bit of code illustrating the technique:

https://github.com/nicholaskariniemi/ReactNativeCljs/blob/master/src/hello/core.cljs