If you want you can try shadow-build. It supports modules all the way (ie.
:none). It has some figwheel-ish features (REPL, live-reload) but basically no
documentation, so a little patience is required. It is pretty simple, just very
different from other build tools.

See:
https://github.com/thheller/shadow-build
https://github.com/thheller/shadow-build-example

Happy to help if you have any questions.

Cheers,
/thomas