I think you could just use (aset the-object "methodName" (fn [] ...)). I
don't know how javascript handles "this" in such a case, hopefully you can
do without it.

There are plenty of examples of interacting with js objects in
ClojureScript here:
http://www.spacjer.com/blog/2014/09/12/clojurescript-javascript-interop/

/Linus
How to mock a Javascript method during test?

I tried '(with-redefs [js/object.methodName (fn [] ...)] ...)'. Doing so I
get following error:

Caused by: clojure.lang.ExceptionInfo: Invalid local name:
object.methodName ...

--
Note that posts from new members are moderated - please be patient with
your first post.