We are loading 413 namespaces total. 134 are closure files. 27 are
clojurescript. 124 are the namespaces of this project. The rest are
dependencies. These 413 javascript files finish downloading after about 3
seconds. DOMContentLoaded then fires at 7 seconds. Many of these javascript
files sit in Chrome's "stalled" state for multiple seconds. The "stalled" state
is when the browser is waiting for a connection to come available, so it can
make the request. The actual download (after leaving the stalled state) of any
given file (except the very large ones) only takes a few milliseconds.

I'm attaching some pictures from the network tab that illustrate what I'm
talking about.

It may be that chrome's timing is lying, and something isn't right with our
local dev server. I'll look more into that.