Ivan,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Clearly I was off the mark re eval. I
guess it was my knee-jerk reaction from my (different) frustrations with
the lack of eval. My bad.

Alan

On Aug 23, 2017, at 10:18 AM, Ivan Pierre <kilroys...@gmail.com> wrote:

It's clear that edn reader will not apply macro substitutions. But this is
made in eval function.
Character macros are in the reader (){}[], these are managed by edn as a
standard. But ' (quote) is the injection of a special form that has a
functional meaning in the evaluation, no0t on the reading. So edn reader
doesn't have it, as we wish to have data, not code.
I think it's a bad call on the cljs version of read-string that read
edn and not s-expressions... to be seen in code. I think the solution will
be obvious.
You also get some weird problems with backquote and splice on Clojure, when
you make some nesting you get some exploding representations caused by the
way toString() don't use a real inverse function of read for `, ~, and ~@,
not tested on ClojureScript. ;)

--
Note that posts from new members are moderated - please be patient with
your first post.