The ClojureScript compiler has code to handle :rename-macros, but it is
inaccessible due to an overly restrictive spec:

(ns cljs.user
  (:require [n.m :refer-macros [a] :rename-macros {a b}]))

Could not Analyze src/cljs/user.cljs
Only :as, :refer and :rename options supported in :require /
:require-macros; offending spec: (power-turtle.m :rename-macros {all all2})
at line 1 src/cljs/user.cljs

I believe that this form is valid and the intention is to support it.
If so please let me know and I can raise an issue in Jira.

The alternative form works fine:

(ns cljs.user
  (:require-macros [n.m :refer [a] :rename {a b}]))

Regards,
Timothy