Please reconsider introducing yourself with a phrase like "dismal failure".
Regardless of how you feel about it in the heat of frustration, people who
worked hard on that document are here. Let's be kind to each other.

I have no direct troubleshooting advice, but consider that the entire
Quickstart is being massively rewritten:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Clojure/comments/81yk2a/clojurescript_110x_new_quick_start_feedback/

https://clojureverse.org/t/clojurescript-1-10-x-new-quick-start-feedback-please/1679

https://twitter.com/swannodette/status/970140813727584256

Cheers.