Hi,
Did you try the "-rescue" option in the expert mode?
It might help.

Steven.

On 04/16/2013 11:46 PM, Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:
> Some years ago I learned of Clonezilla Live as a drive recovery tool.  I
> was able to recover a hard drive with it by simply copying the failed
> drive over to a new drive simply because the failed areas were
> non-critical. It was marvelous.  It worked because the cloning
> process did not allow sector read failures to impede its
> progress.  Recently I had a drive failure occur, so I downloaded the
> current Clonezilla Live CD:
>
> $ cat /media/cdrom/Clonezilla-Live-Version
> clonezilla-live-2.1.1-7-i686-pae
> This Clonezilla live iso file was created by this command:
> ocs-iso -s -i 2.1.1-7-i686-pae
>
> My experience was much different.  This revision of Clonezilla Live was
> unable to replicate the failed drive onto a new drive.  It hung up on
> failed sectors and repeatedly attempted to copy the failed sectors.  I
> let it run for well over an hour and it never would stop mentioning two
> sequential sectors/drive blocks.  There was no evidence that it was
> able to proceed beyond the first failure it encountered - though it
> was somewhat difficult to monitor as it kept overwriting the status
> screen with stderr spew.  I eventually was able to figure out that by
> switching to alternate consoles for a long time, it was possible to
> switch back to the main console and briefly see the status before it
> was overwritten.  At one point I saw that its estimate at recovery of
> the 250G drive was at 1186 hours - making it fairly apparent that it
> was making no progress whatsoever.
>
> I tried a number of ways of performing the replication, including
> sector-by-sector copying.  Nothing I tried worked, and various methods
> would not even try to perform the operation past the point where the
> first sector failure was.
>
> I am not entirely sure that the copy was completely unsuccessful.  The
> point where it got stuck was where two sequential sector numbers were
> mentioned, and where two sequential block numbers were also mentioned.
> Conceptually the problem might be related to sequential failed sectors
> at block boundaries as bugs can often be spawned undetected for only
> infrequently occurring circumstances.  This is pure conjecture.  I have
> not looked at underlying software.
>
> After many attempts I finally started considering alternative
> approaches.  I recalled that I still had the Clonezilla Live CD I made
> the first time  I had success with it and failed drive recovery:
>
> $ cat /media/cdrom/Clonezilla-Live-Version
> clonezilla-live-1.2.4-28-686
> This Clonezilla live iso file was created by this command:
> ocs-iso -s -i 1.2.4-28-686
>
> Upon locating this media, I booted it, and in a single attempt,
> successfully recovered the failed disk.
>
> I don't particularly know if the Clonezilla project has made an
> intentional move away from drive recovery.  I looked over the last
> year or so of mailing list archives and saw no apparent reference to
> this type of issue.  In any event, since the web has numerous
> [...]

Steven Shiau <steven _at_ nchc org tw> <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
National Center for High-performance Computing, Taiwan. http://www.nchc.org.tw
Public Key Server PGP Key ID: 4096R/47CF935C
Fingerprint: 0240 1FEB 695D 7112 62F0  8796 11C1 12DA 47CF 935C