On 01/26/2014 01:40 AM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using GRUB2 to boot an ISO stored on one of my ext4 partitions.
> This works perfectly fine.  However, I can't make it work from an ext4
> filesystem that sits on top of LVM.  GRUB2 boots the ISO but something
> is wrong with the "findiso" kernel parameter.  When the CD boots I get a
> bunch of:
>
> modprobe: module LVM2_member not found in modules.dep
> modprobe: module swap not found in modules.dep
This is not really the issue. I believe they false alarms.

> That's why I know it is something related to the findiso parameter.
> Here's my configuration:
>
> http://fpaste.org/71588/
>
> The first menuentry is the one that works followed by the LVM one where
> I even tried "findiso=$isofile" but didn't work.
I believe live-boot has to be patched about mounting LV.
What was the error message when you used findiso command and live-boot
trying to mount the iso file?
Could you take a photo about that on the screen?

Steven.

> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jorge

Steven Shiau <steven _at_ nchc org tw> <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
National Center for High-performance Computing, Taiwan. http://www.nchc.org.tw
Public Key Server PGP Key ID: 4096R/47CF935C
Fingerprint: 0240 1FEB 695D 7112 62F0  8796 11C1 12DA 47CF 935C